One year ago Tuesday, CHS got back into the daily news business to start a new decade of neighborhood coverage after a summer break and business reset. In returning, we asked for readers to help change how the site makes the money it needs to pay for writers and photographers to cover the neighborhood. Over the past year, more than 800 people have stepped up as CHS subscribers at amounts ranging from $1 a month to a handful of big supporters at $50 a month.
The numbers ebb and flow. Now it is time to re-stoke the CHS subscriber fire. Please consider supporting the site.
SUBSCRIBE TO CHS: Summer brings busy days! Subscribers help pay for the writers and photographers who provide CHS's daily news coverage. We need to get our numbers back up to pay the bills! Join TODAY to become a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news with NO PAYWALL. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment. Why support CHS? More here.
- CHS provides 24×7, 365 days a year coverage of Capitol Hill and the nearby
- We have paid dozens of reporters, writers, and photographers in the past year and hundreds since our start more than 10 years ago. Our rates are competitive and often set the bar for local coverage in the city.
- We don’t want to institute a subscriber paywall like the Seattle Times but that is the next best option if we can’t maintain a strong voluntary subscriber base.
- We continue to offer local businesses and organizations affordable advertising options starting as low as $250/month. Let your favorite bar / cafe / restaurant / shop / school / etc. know.
- Can’t subscribe? Don’t want to? It’s OK. There’s a reason we haven’t instituted a hard paywall. CHS believes the news should be available to everyone. Help us keep it that way.