Here is the news from Capitol Hill and the nearby you may have missed during the holiday week.
- Mayor Jenny Durkan will be on Capitol Hill Monday.
- The Hearing Examiner sided with the city, knocking down a major barrier to Seattle’s Mandatory Housing Affordability program in an appeal brought by neighborhood groups.
- Madison Valley PCC mixed-use battle coming to a head while positive talks between New Seasons and community groups in the Central District hit a snag.
- A community effort to shape Pike/Pine protected bike lanes is preparing for the project to go in front of the City Council in January and is collecting survey feedback.
- Trans Day of Remembrance was marked on Broadway with lanterns and candles.
- By the Pound, an ambitious Capitol Hill bar concept, owes thousands in unpaid rent.
- With comedy to follow, Bites of Bangkok is now open on 15th Ave E.
- Fashion shop Ritual is now open on E Pike.
- The Seattle Marathon with its new, flatter course, skipped Capitol Hill Sunday.