Police take one into custody after downtown stabbing suspect reportedly flees to Capitol Hill — UPDATE

Police quickly took a suspect into custody who reportedly fled toward Capitol Hill completely naked after stabbing multiple people at the 6th Ave Nordstrom building.

According to East Precinct radio dispatches, the suspect was reported as a nude male seen fleeing eastbound on Pike toward Capitol Hill after the stabbing incident inside the 1600 block 6th Ave building. Police reportedly took the male into custody after he was spotted headed east near 8th and Pine.

Details were not immediately clear about the scene of the attack but Seattle Fire was responding to a report of two or three people stabbed across multiple floors of the downtown building.

UPDATE: Police say three people were stabbed in the incident and confirmed that the naked suspect was taken into custody:

Three people were injured in a stabbing in downtown Seattle on Tuesday before police arrested a nude man and recovered a knife. Just after 10 AM, police received reports that a man had stabbed three people near 6th Avenue and Olive Street. One of the victims ran into a nearby store while the suspect fled the scene. Officers took the man into custody near 8th Avenue and Pine Street. Police also recovered the knife and the man’s clothes, which he had stripped off as he ran from officers. A 75-year-old man was stabbed in the neck and a 77-year-old man was stabbed in the back. Both were transported to Harborview Medical Center and are in stable condition. A third man, believed to be between 55 and 60 years old, was stabbed in the forearm and was treated at the scene but declined further assistance.


Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

3 thoughts on “Police take one into custody after downtown stabbing suspect reportedly flees to Capitol Hill — UPDATE

  1. From KIRO7:

    “The stabbing suspect was identified as Christopher R. Morisette, 29, who has an extensive criminal history and spent time at Western State, the state’s largest psychiatric hospital. In Morisette’s most recent case — a December 2018 attack on a woman at a mental health facility — a judge sentenced Morisette to 45 days, including 18 days credit for time served. The City Attorney’s Office asked for 90 days and 24 months probation. After the judge’s sentence, Morisette was released from jail less than a month after the attack.”

    great job criminal justice system! does anybody stay in jail? i think i might just go rob a bank. i’d get, what? a week in jail and a stern talking to? SMH

  2. This is yet another example of the shocking failure of our criminal justice and mental health systems. Why wasn’t he sent back to Western State after the December, 2018 attack?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.