909 E Union St
Seattle, WA 98122
The Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, in collaboration with other City departments, is seeking feedback on a new program to create affordable housing in our neighborhoods and, more specifically, on the proposed zoning changes required to make that happen. We will be hosting feedback events throughout the city over the next several months and you are invited to participate!
We heard from many of you that City Scoop was a great model for engaging in and sharing information, so we are injecting some food and fun into this next round of meetups as well! We’ll be highlighting maps that show draft neighborhood affordable housing proposals (read more about those here). In addition, there will be opportunities to learn about transportation projects in your neighborhood, hear what’s going on at the Office of Sustainability and Environment, and give feedback on upcoming Parks investments.
Central Community Meeting: Affordable Housing Neighborhood Maps + Other City Services
Come join us for casual conversation around proposed changes to your neighborhood to generate more affordable housing, improve transportation services, and parks investments. Snacks and drinks will be provided. All are welcome.
We will be sharing the following Urban Village maps:
– 23rd and Union-Jackson
– First Hill / Capitol Hill
– Madison Miller
– Upper Queen Anne
If you don’t see the Urban Village that you are curious about listed here, check the other community meetings or get in touch with us and we can help you decide the most appropriate meeting to attend.
City Departments / Organizations in attendance:
- Seattle Department of Neighborhoods
- Seattle Department of Transportation — Move Seattle / Madison Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) / Seattle Neighborhood Greenways
- Seattle Parks and Recreation — Parks Development Plan / Gender Neutral Restrooms at Cal Anderson Park
- Office of Planning & Community Development
- Office of Housing for HALA
- Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections — Parking Reform