It’s the final countdown to the LGBTQ Teen/Youth Job Fair on Saturday April 1.
Over 24 employers and organizations with lots of jobs, stipend opportunities, and internships for youth ages 14 – 24, and performances by Ms. Ryannah Doll!
LGBTQ and Allies Teen/Youth Job Fair 2017
Saturday, April 1, 2017, from 1 – 3 p.m. FREE!
Miller Community Center, 330 19th Avenue E, Seattle.
Directly served by Metro 8, 12 & 43. Nearby service from Metro 10 & 48. Ample on-street parking.
All youth of any age are encouraged to attend. There will be many opportunities for high school age (14-19) and young adults (19-24).
Participating employers and agencies include:
- Associated Recreation Council :: Jobs
- Camp Ten Trees :: Internships for Summer Camp
- City Year :: Stipend Programs
- Data2Insight :: Jobs and Stipend Programs
- Goodwill Youth Employment Program :: Stipend Program and Internships
- IBEW Local 46, Seattle’s electrical Union :: Jobs
- ICHS International Community Health Services :: Jobs and Internships
- Key Bank :: Jobs
- Lambert House :: Stipend Program and Internships
- Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream :: Jobs
- OUT There Adventures :: Summer Stipend Programs
- PSKS – Peace for the Streets by Kids from the Streets
- Reel Queer Youth :: Summer Stipend Programs
- Seattle Parks Specialized Populations :: Jobs
- Seattle Parks Youth Employment and Service Learning :: Summer Stipend Programs
- Seattle Parks Athletics and Aquatics :: Summer Jobs
- Seattle Police Recruiting Unit :: Jobs
- Seattle Youth Employment Program :: Stipend Programs and Internships
- Seattle Youth Garden Works :: Summer Stipend Programs
- Student Conservation Association :: Jobs, Stipend Programs, and Internships
- YearUP :: Stipend Programs
- Washington Bus :: Summer Jobs and Stipend Programs
- and more!
Supporting organizations include:
- C 89.5 Radio
- Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce
- PLFAG Seattle
- Neighborcare Health’s 45th Street Youth Clinic
- Out and Equal
- Pride Foundation
- Seattle Counseling IRUO and Project Neon
- Seattle Office of Economic Development
- Seattle Office of Labor Standards
- Seattle Gay News
- The GSBA Greater Seattle Business Association
- The Seattle Lesbian
- and more!
Attendees should come prepared to spend some time visiting the various booths and, if possible, bring copies of their resume or work and volunteer experience.
If you need help creating a resume, visit staff at one of our 5 teen community center computer labs that have drop-in hours after school to ask for help: https://rectechseattle.org/sites/
We hope to see you there!
The Youth Job Fair for LGBTQ and Allies is a collaborative effort led by the Youth Employment and Service Learning Unit of Seattle Parks and Recreation.