Please join us Friday June 23rd for the 5th Annual Trans Pride Seattle! This event will follow the success we have built over the last four years. The Trans Pride March assembles at 5pm on the sidewalks adjacent to the Capitol Hill Light Rail Station, and steps off at 6pm onto East John Street.
ACCESS: Scent-free, Smoke-free, E-cig-free, cannabis-free. Special no-scent zone available. ASL interpretation for stage show. Access seating up front.
Followed by a celebration in Cal Anderson Park meadow from 7pm to 10 pm featuring:
– Ari Vera Morales and Ixaha Vázquez from Mexico City organization Almas Cautivas
– Jennicet Eva Gutiérrez from Familia: Trans Queer Liberation Movement
– Andrea Jenkins from Transgender Oral History Project at the University of Minnesota
– performances by Randy Ford (Au Collective) and Jade Vogelsang (The House of Luna)
– poets from Youth Speaks Seattle
We’re so excited to announce that this year’s Trans Pride stage program will be BILINGUAL in both English and Spanish thanks to our partnerships withEntre Hermanos and Somos Seattle! Let’s give a warm welcome to emceeAdriana Torres!
We will host community tables again this year featuring groups and organizations that are Trans-led or serve trans communities.