|CHS World Cup Picks
Hey soccer nerd. Join your CHS pals in a World Cup bracket challenge. Free. Prizes. Password: crow
- Cafe Presse throws a World Cup Kickoff Party on Friday June 11 from 7 am to 9 am: “Come watch World Cup host nation South Africa take on Mexico in the first match of the Biggest Sporting Event in the World.” Presse offers the following: free popcorn, $3 Modelos & Mimosas, and the chance to win a reserved table at Cafe Presse for the final match on 7/11. They also promise to show “every minute of every match” on their big screen TV. Oh, and they have wi-fi. Temporary CHS headquarters? Perhaps!
- Neumos and Skillet team up for what will likely be the largest party on the Hill for the USA vs England match.
As we told you back in April, Seattle soccer fan club Emerald City Supporters is hosting its Team USA first match party at the popular Pike/Pine music venue. The Facebook event page for the fun is up to 478 attendees with another 350 maybes. Capacity is listed at 650 so you might want to get there early and enjoy the Argentina v Nigeria match they’ll be showing on DVR-delay. Doors to Neumos open at 8 am and food from Skillet arrives at 10 am.
- Off Hill, while Capitol Hill’s alleys are due for some makeovers, an alley in Pioneer Square is being prepared as perhaps the most interesting World Cup headquarters in the city. The International Sustainability Institute and Feet First are teaming up to turn an alley off 1st Ave S into a World Cup viewing party complete with an 100″ screen and plenty of room for a large crowd. Schedule and more info here including Saturday’s Team USA kick-off match.
- UPDATE from the comments, the Roanoke is TV-enabled! And still there on E. 10th! Meanwhile, we are also reminded of the Summit Public House’s important place in Seattle football culture — pretty sure they’ll watch a game or two, there, no?
Here’s a list of places with television (you can probably convince them to turn on a match for you if it’s not already on). Have a neighborhood favorite we forgot? Let us know.
- The BottleNeck (CHS Sponsor)
- Chao Bistro
- Clever Dunne’s
- The Elite
- Hopvine Pub
- the Lookout (CHS Sponsor)
- Madison Pub
- Po Dog (CHS Sponsor)
- R Place
- Wild Rose Tavern