Post navigation

Prev: (09/12/10) | Next: (09/12/10)

Fire in 23rd Ave E home — UPDATE: Quick response by neighbors helps save house

Seattle Fire is responding early this morning to a fire in a house on 23rd Ave E near E Ward. The flames were reported by renters living in the unit below the section of the home where the fire apparently started. The two people who live below said they smelled smoke and heard an alarm inside the top section of the house where nobody was home.

Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

2 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Jamie McNellis
Jamie McNellis
10 years ago

Wow, you guys are fast. I am said laptop resident!

Thomas
Thomas
10 years ago

One resident said it might have been a hair straightener left on accidentally that caused the fire.

Firemen said one room had fire in it, and if the blaze hadn’t been reported and stopped, it could have been a lot worse.