Celebrate the bounty of our great land by letting somebody else cook for you. Here are a few notes on Thanksgiving feast opportunities from around the bounteous Hill. You can also help those in need — here’s our roster of Feed the hungry volunteer opportunities near the Hill. Happy Turkey Day.
- Skillet is stepping up in a big way this Thanksgiving with an offering of delicious-sounding sides and pies available for order through Tuesday the 22nd.
- Plum Bistro returns with its annual Vegan Thanksgiving Feast on Thursday. $35/person.
- Broadway stalwarts Julia’s and the Grill on Broadway area also Capitol Hill Thanksgiving day traditions.
- Lil’ Woodys is offering the Thanksgiving Day burger this month — a turkey patty, of course, topped with cranberriesand gravy.
- Sounds like competition for Big Mario’s Thanksgiving pizza that we assume will make another appearance in 2011.
- High 5 Pie is working on all cylinders to keep up with orders. Try the sweet potato. 7-inch pies run $14.
- Ba Bar also has a selection of pies available for order.
Have a local favorite we didn’t include? Let us know in comments. We’ll also run our annual “what’s open on Thanksgiving Day” open thread next week — here’s the 2010 edition if you want to plan ahead.