We’ve seen the shenanigans that ensue when the annual red and white bar crawl of debauchery that is Santarchy starts on Capitol Hill. This year, hang on to your jingle bells. Capitol Hill is Santarchy 2011’s grand finale:
!!! Seattle Santarchy 2011 !!! ( READ THE WHOLE DETAILS!!)
HO Santa! I hope you’re getting ready, because the red menace descends on Seattle this December 17th to spread our special version of Holiday Cheer!
What is Santarchy? I’ll tell you what! Its Santa taking a break from making so many freakin’ toys. It’s a chance to squeeze some elves, drink something other than milk, eat something other than cookies… and make final determinations on who’s been Naughty and who’s been Nice. This is well known but our little secret is sometimes its NICE TO BE NAUGHTY!
Starting Locations Announced!
This year we have TWO starting locations.
For Southsiders: Outside the International District Link Station at 5th and Weller
For Northsiders: At the fountain in Seattle Center
These two groups will start on their own routes and meet up in the early afternoon.
Ending Location (aka where should I have a designated driver park their car)
Capitol Hill Bitch!
What to Wear / Bring
1. The reindeer are still in a cuddle puddle back at the north pole so wear GOOD WALKING SHOES!!!!
1b. BRING CASH! SO PEOPLE AREN’T WAITING WHILE BARTENDERS RUN YOUR CARD
2. Ms. Claus… I don’t care how good you look in those heels… WEAR GOOD WALKING SHOES!!!
3 Bring a can of food for the food bank!
4. Wear your Santa Suit… or other X-Mas related clothing. (A santa hat and regular clothes = no bueno)
5. Bring toys /games / music to entertain Santa
6. PG toys and wrapped and sealed candy for kids
7. Buttons, Badges and Stickers are always fun
8. Sometimes there is a long line for a drink, and there is something that holds alcohol that you can carry with you … what was that called again?
We don’t have much to add other than please remember to hug your Capitol Hill food and drink professionals this week. They’re going to need some love and support. Happy holidays.
Here’s a look at Santarchy’s 2009 start in Cal Anderson Park. Where were they in 2010? Nobody cares!