Now we’re getting serious. First Hill streetcar work on Broadway this week will include the start of installing the track bed along the thoroughfare from Howell to Pine. We wrote about the project planned to bring streetcar service connecting Broadway to Pioneer Square via First Hill by 2014 here: After the ceremony, what to expect on Broadway during streetcar construction — and will make note of certain important milestones and construction updates along the way. You can go to seattlestreetcar.org to sign up to receive the construction updates directly. Here’s the latest from SDOT for the Broadway portion of the project:
First Hill Streetcar – Weekly Project Updates
This Week: June 11th – June 17th
BROADWAY SEGMENT – CONSTRUCTION DETAIL
Commencing Excavation for Inbound Track
Look for Relocation of Metro bus stop at Union for southbound passengers. Metro Rider Alerts will be posted.
Expect early morning construction, lane closures and a loss of parking around work zones
- · Saw cutting roadway
- · Asphalt grinding
- · Electrical duct bank installation at Jefferson and Union
- · Excavation of inbound track bed from Howell to Pine
- · Storm drain installation at Pine
- · Electrical duct bank installation at Union
- · Wednesday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- · Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Loud impact work under a noise variance, including concrete breaking, may begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
More on the First Hill Streetcar