See something others should know about? Drop us a line or txt/call (206) 399-5959.
- No charges yet in Car2Go hit and run: The 28-year-old Capitol Hill man arrested for investigation of a hit and run collision involving a Car2Go car-sharing vehicle over the weekend on Bellevue Ave has not yet been charged. According to the City of Seattle’s Municipal Court, the suspect hearing earlier this week was canceled and the case has been referred to the City Attorney for “charging determination.”
- Brawl results in stolen gun: An extremely intoxicated man was knocked unconscious and his Ruger .380 pistol was stolen in an altercation investigated by police early Easter Sunday. According to the SPD report on the incident, two men were jumped in the gas station parking lot in the 1500 block of Broadway by a group of males who drove up in “a large white vehicle” and started “throwing gang signs” and yelling at the men.The victim, who said he was not from the area, told police that the group of males jumped out the vehicle and approached him and his friend as words were exchanged and the fight escalated. Both men were knocked unconscious in the brawl:The suspects were last seen driving northbound on Broadway from the 2:30 AM incident.
- 9th/Stewart box cutter slashing: Police arrested a man early Wednesday in a box cutter slashing stemming from an altercation inside a pizza joint near 9th and Stewart. Police say the victim was taken to the hospital for a non-life threatening laceration to his neck suffered in the fight.
- Suspected vodka thief hospitalized: A suspect required hospitalization for an undisclosed condition after stealing two gallons of vodka from the QFC at Broadway and Pike. According to the report on the early Easter morning incident, the suspect had been trespassed previously from the store and was being taken to King County Jail where staff rejected him for undisclosed medical reasons.
- Don’t drink with strangers: Police responded to a report of a man found bleeding early last Saturday morning in the 1600 block of Summit Ave:
Police found a group of people hanging out nearby but the victim said they were not involved. According to the report, the 1 AM incident may have been gang related.
- Harborview mugging caught on video: Police are looking for the suspects caught on video in this March 22nd iPhone mugging near Harborview:
- SPD has released reports critical of its handling of the 2012 May Day protests in Seattle.