See something others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959.
- Attempted burglary An unknown suspect allegedly attempted to break into a storage shed Saturday morning in the 1000 block of Summit Ave E. The victim told police that the suspect tried to pull away the shed’s lock before giving up and leaving the area. According to the report, this was the third time in the last three weeks the victim had seen people loitering or evidence of people camping under the shed. The attempted burglary may be related to a June incident where someone broke into the storage unit and stole a chainsaw.
- Bike robbery: Two bikes were allegedly stolen from a garage in the 700 block of 13 Ave E some time between Friday and Sunday. The victim told police he left his home Friday, securing the garage door. When he came home on Sunday, the report said, two bikes were missing. The officer on the scene was “unable to determine how the suspect made entry.”
- Phone robbery: Police responded to two related smartphone robberies on the 1300 block of Spring St and the corner of 14th and E Olive St on Tuesday night. CHS first reported on the robberies here; this is what SPD reports:
Police were first called to the 1300 block of Spring Tuesday around 12:40 AM where the victim described his armed attacker as a black male, 5′ 8″, 250 pounds with a shaved head and wearing a grey sweatshirt and jeans.
Only minutes later, a couple called 911 to report being held up by a man with the same description at 14th and E Olive St.
No injuries were reported in either hold-up and the quarry both was the same — smart phones. The suspect reportedly leapt from bushy areas in both attacks. Police filled the area around the 14th and Olive hold-up and a K-9 unit tried unsuccessfully to pick up his trail. Police also believe the suspect may have stopped at the 15th/Denny 7-11 store at some point during his travels but were not yet able to access security video, according to police radio. An attempt to track one phone via a phone finder app also failed.
- The group allegedly responsible for a string of robberies appears not to have made an appearance since several incidents last week.
- CHS received a lot of questions about an SPD incident near 11th and Pike Wednesday around 11:45 AM. According to police records and radio dispatches, a vehicle stolen this week in Eastlake was spotted in the area near a group of people involved in reported narcotics-related activities. SPD followed the car and made a stop near 11th and Pike where multiple people were removed from the vehicle and two people were taken into custody.