While the Grinch blew away Thursday night’s A Holiday in Volunteer Park event with strong winds (it won’t be rescheduled, either, organizers say), the frosting and sugar cookies were keeping celebrants warm at the annual Central District Holiday Party hosted by Central Cinema. The other key component (besides decorating cookies) of the holidays gets its turn over the weekend and beyond around Capitol Hill with another round of special pop-up markets. Happy shopping!
- Friday through Sunday: Gay City LGBT Library Surplus Used Book Sale — info — Gay City Health Project’s Michael C. Weidemann LGBT Library is pleased to announce our next Surplus Used Book sale, featuring surplus LGBT fiction and non-fiction books for sale. It’s a great way to build up your personal library, and the proceeds benefit ours!
- Saturday — Punk Rock Flea Market — info — They said we were getting too big for our britches, and we proved them right! Seattle’s best damn flea market has moved into a BIGGER, BETTER and BALLSIER location. Now located in the Central District’s defunct post office, and with more vendors than ever, we are going to stuff your stocking like never before! The best Punk Rock Flea Market THAT EVER HAPPENED burns the beard off holiday shopping on December 13th, from noon to 10pm at the newly christened “Punk Rock Post Office” on the corner of 23rd Ave. & Union St.
- Sunday — Badwill Market — Holiday Bizarre — info — BadWill Market is back and we are teaming up with The Rhino Room and hosting “HOLIDAY BIZARRE” a festive pop up market featuring a variety of vendors.
- Sunday — Ghost Gallery “Vintage Home”— info — Stop by for some mulled wine & cookies and browse a wonderful Vintage pop-up featuring local vendors
- Monday — Public Market Pop-Up Shop at Café Pettirosso — info — Next Monday, December 15th, at Café Pettirosso we want to help you fight the Mondays and win Christmas at the very same time. Hard, but a totally doable goal! Amiright? Monday is undoubtedly the dullest day of the week; it’s back to the grind with the weekend only a glint in your not-nearly-rested-enough eye. Add holiday shopping and the grind just got stressful.
- Saturday 12/20 — The Savvy Marketplace at Sole Repair — info — The last, best shopping experience of the year! Come join us in connecting our local community and donating to the well-being of our furry friends. At The Savvy Marketplace, you can expect to find the highest quality, local vendors, live music, a huge raffle, full bar and much more! Admission is free, but donations are appreciated! All donations and raffle proceeds go to a local no-kill animal shelter.
Looking for more Capitol Hill gift ideas? Check out the Shop the Hill page.