Post navigation

Prev: (12/31/14) | Next: (12/31/14)

Mattress fire reported in Summit/Harrison apartment blaze

A mattress fire in a basement unit of a small E Harrison apartment building brought a massive Seattle Fire response to the Summit Slope area of Capitol Hill just after 11 AM Wednesday.

The smoky fire was quickly brought under control and there were no reported injuries.

A Seattle Fire spokesperson said that while the investigation at the scene was still underway, early reports indicated that a heater inside the unit caused the mattress to catch fire. He reminded CHS readers to check their residences to make sure all items are at least three feet away from any type of heating device.

Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

Comments are closed.