The only cinematic connection CHS can find between the 2015 Seattle International Film Festival lifetime achievement honoree Kevin Bacon and last year’s SIFF honoree Laura Dern is this poorly reviewed 2001 Steve Martin vehicle. The audience got a little closer Tuesday night at the Egyptian as Bacon appeared for an audience Q&A and to introduce his classic of wholesome teenage rebellion, Footloose.
Wednesday on E Pine, Bacon gets his trophy — tickets to “an evening with Kevin Bacon” and the screening of his new film are still available:
SIFF welcomes Kevin Bacon to the stage for an interview featuring film clips from his career and to receive the Seattle International Film Festival Career Achievement award. Afterwards, there will be a screening of Bacon’s latest film, Cop Car, directed by Jon Watts.
UPDATE: What? More Bacon? The actor stopped by Garfield High School Wednesday afternoon to meet the drama kids. Thanks to Garfield Stage for sharing pictures from the visit:
Meanwhile, there are still lots of Capitol Hill SIFF 2015 highlights still to come to the screens at the Egyptian and the Harvard Exit in the venue’s final run as a cinema:
- 54: The Director’s Cut at SIFF Cinema Egyptian – The Studio 54 Experience (after-party) at the Neptune
- Centerpiece Gala with End of the Tour at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at DAR Rainier Chapter House
- Gay-La with Tangerine at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at the Baltic Room
- The Glamour & The Squalor – world premiere of doc about DJ Marco Collins. Crazy after-party at Neumos
- Saturday Film & Party with Eisenstein in Guanajuato at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at W Hotel
- 31/2 Minutes, Ten Bullets at SIFF Cinema Egyptian – with Ron Davis, father of the doc’s subject, in attendance.
- An Evening with Jason Schwartzman at Harvard Exit
- An Evening with Kevin Bacon at SIFF Cinema Egyptian
- MIDNIGHTS at SIFF Cinema Egyptian
A few more pictures and a couple notes from the Q&A from the crowd, below.
“This is not Netflix. This is live.” Carl Spence introducing Kevin Bacon before Footloose at #SIFF2015
— jaci likes to watch (@letterboxed) May 27, 2015
Kevin Bacon just told us that he almost didn’t get the role in Footloose because the studio didn’t think he was “fuckable”. #SIFF2015
— Clinton McClung (@ResidentClinton) May 27, 2015
Diner – fun seeing this again on film, the Kevin Bacon Q&A was great fun #SIFF2015
— Steven D Yee (@notanerd) May 27, 2015
— Brad Wilke (@jbwilke) May 27, 2015
— Amie Simon (@posiegirl) May 26, 2015