This weekend’s Capitol Hill happenings include a cloudy but dry May art walk, a 20th anniversary party, a burger party, pieroigi fest, and the start of a once-in-a-lifetime project to recreate the heart of Broadway. Big stuff!
But there’s more! The 2015 edition of the Seattle International Film Festival kicks off Thursday night with a party downtown — a full slate of films at the Egyptian and the Harvard Exit (and beyond) follows through June 7th.
- 54: The Director’s Cut at SIFF Cinema Egyptian – The Studio 54 Experience (after-party) at the Neptune
- Centerpiece Gala with End of the Tour at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at DAR Rainier Chapter House
- Gay-La with Tangerine at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at the Baltic Room
- The Glamour & The Squalor – world premiere of doc about DJ Marco Collins. Crazy after-party at Neumos
- Saturday Film & Party with Eisenstein in Guanajuato at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at W Hotel
- Tab Hunter Confidential with Tab in person! at Harvard Exit
- 31/2 Minutes, Ten Bullets at SIFF Cinema Egyptian – with Ron Davis, father of the doc’s subject, in attendance.
- An Evening with Jason Schwartzman at Harvard Exit
- An Evening with Kevin Bacon at SIFF Cinema Egyptian:
- MIDNIGHTS at SIFF Cinema Egyptian
More weekend things to do:
- The longterm community process to shape development of the blocks around Capitol Hill Station enters a brand new phase Saturday as representatives the development firm selected to lead the process will be on hand Saturday to talk with you (and you and you) at the Century Ballroom.
- Also Saturday, Capitol Hill’s beloved dive bar The Roanoke celebrates 20 years on 10th Ave E.
- Thursday night brings the May edition of the Capitol Hill art walk. A map and full listings for the monthly event can be found at capitolhillartwalk.com.
- An art walk highlight: Yumiko Kayukawa’s Run to the Hills at 400 E Pine’s Grace Gallery features “an artist reception with book signing” with the “rock & roll, Japanese and American pop culture”-inspired artist.
- Also Thursday, the Seattle Academy Visual Arts Show opens at the 12th Ave campus.
- The Central Area District Council meets Thursday night.
- Friday brings Bike to Work Day to streets around Seattle.
- You can get your boots shined and a buzz cut Saturday at the Cuff in a benefit for good cause Seattle Men in Leather.
- Hungry? Saturday, the annual Pierogi Festival comes to 18th Ave’s Polish Home while Sunday, Montana hosts a burger party.
For more Capitol Hill-area things to do, check out the CHS Calendar.