- Lyft assault investigation: Police have not yet made an arrest in the attack reported by a Lyft customer who said her driver dragged her after attempting to force her to have sex with him to get her phone back in an incident reported near 20th and Jefferson last Saturday, May 30th. A Lyft spokesperson tells CHS the company shared the driver’s information with detectives and is cooperating in the investigation following a subpoena for the records. The ride service company also released a statement on the investigation:
We take all matters involving safety extremely seriously. We immediately disabled the driver’s account upon receiving this troubling report. Our Trust and Safety team has been in touch with the passenger and we will continue to help in any way we can, as well as support the authorities in the ongoing investigation.
- Pagliacci burglary spree? An overnight burglary that netted around $800 in cash — and the $1,500 safe it was sitting in — could be part of a string of break-ins targeting Pagliacci pizza restaurants, according to the SPD report on the incident. Police say somebody broke into the pizza joint in the 2400 block of 10th Ave E sometime Sunday night and made off with the safe and the cash. Police found no obvious point of entry though there were some pry marks around the business’s doors. The break-in appeared to be part of a small wave hitting the pizza chain:
- Stolen car stop leads to brawl with SPD: Two suspects went to the hospital and a police officer was injured in an arrest behind a 300 block Bellevue Ave E apartment building late last month. According to the report on the May 31st incident, police were called to the alley for a report of a suspicious vehicle. A check of records showed the car was listed as stolen and police approached the vehicle to contact the man and woman inside:Police say the male suspect made a startling admission following his arrest:Police say that in addition to driving a stolen car, the couple was carrying illegal drugs and a gun:One officer suffered nicks and abrasions and went to the hospital. The two suspects were taken to Harborview but deemed fit for the county jail where they were booked for investigation of assault. The use of force incident is also being investigated, according to SPD.
- Gay bashing report: Police have released their report on the May 29th street assault on Bellevue Ave E that is being investigated as a gay bashing:
- A male suspect was arrested after an assault with a “chef knife” outside the Baltic Room early Monday morning:
The victim, who works security but told police he had just gotten off shift prior to the incident, refused medical attention but asked for police to press charges against the alleged assailant.
- Crab cake assault: Police were called to a shop in the 1400 block of Broadway on Saturday May 30th after a “dissatisfied customer” reportedly assaulted the cook:The victim suffered “minor pain to her abdomen, according to the report. The suspect was described as a “regular customer” but there was not an immediate arrest.