The 2016 State of the Hill event goes down Wednesday night at Grim’s. It’s a chance to celebrate the businesses that help define Capitol Hill as well as one special attendee that best represents “community service, excellence, and passion for this neighborhood.” The Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce recently polled its members on who best exemplifies those traits for the 2016 Spirit of the Hill award. And the nominees are… a developer, an attorney and developer, a restaurateur, a community volunteer, an architect, and a community group:
- Liz Dunn, developer at Dunn + Hobbs, for leadership and commitment to preserving the Pike/Pine corridor
- Jerry Everard, attorney at Groff Murphy, for years of philanthropy and commitment to the Capitol Hill neighborhood
- Rich Fox, owner at Rhein Haus and Poquitos, for years of advocacy surrounding small business in Capitol Hill
- Don Jensen for his work with Capitol Hill Community Lunch
- Jeff Pelletier, principal architect at Board & Velum, for stewardship on 15th Avenue
- Volunteer Park Trust — for community engagement and beautification of Capitol Hill.
This year, CHCC director Sierra Hansen will deliver her first State of the Hill address after taking over for Michael Wells last year. You can purchase the $40 tickets for the event here. Members and non-members are welcome to attend.