Post navigation

Prev: (08/04/16) | Next: (08/05/16)

Police: ‘Unconfirmed reports of drugged drinks’ at Capitol Hill bars

Seattle Police says it has not identified any cases “definitively related to drugged drinks” but the department announced Thursday it is working with Capitol Hill nightlife businesses to address worries about possible druggings and assaults.

CHS started seeing unusual warnings on Facebook about “roofied” drinks around Capitol Hill starting earlier this spring. Now, SPD says it is working with Capitol Hill venues “to address community concerns about drugged drinks” —

Police Working With Nightlife Staff to Address Unconfirmed Reports of Drugged Drinks
Seattle police are working closely with nightlife owners and staff to address community concerns about drugged drinks at Capitol Hill venues.

At this time, the department has not identified any cases definitively related to drugged drinks or any pattern related to specific nightlife venues, but is actively seeking information about any unreported cases.

Members of the nightlife community have informed SPD that there may be unreported instances of unidentified individuals spiking bar and nightclub patrons’ drinks with incapacitating drugs.

SPD continues to work with our nightlife partners to train staff to recognize and respond to any reported incidents, raise awareness in the community, and ensure the safety of nightlife patrons.

For your safety, never leave a drink unattended or accept a drink from someone you don’t know and report any suspicious activity to police and nightlife staff.

SPD is asking “anyone who believes they may have been the victim of a crime to contact police and their medical provider to ensure any potential evidence of a crime is quickly obtained.”

Most warnings CHS saw or was sent via Facebook and email were not specific and did not provide victim information. But one man who said he was drugged spoke up in mid-July. We’ve shared his public post below:

If you have information or believe you were the victim of a drugging, please contact police. If you have already reported the incident and would like to provide information to CHS about what happened, please contact us at or call (206) 399-5959. Comments with unsubstantiated reports will be removed.


Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

Comments are closed.