- ATM bandits: SPD has released video that shows how thieves have targeted convenience store ATMs around the East Precinct including a November 26th break-in in Eastlake and a December 2nd heist (PDF) in Madison Valley. Police are hoping the public might help in identifying the thieves. In addition to providing a kind of how-to in not very efficient looking ATM thievery, the videos also prove you don’t have to be a criminal genius to get away with this kind of ripoff… for a while at least. Call 911 if you can help detectives bust these guys before the break up another neighborhood quick mart.
- Pine parking lot shooting investigation: Police have announced no arrests in Sunday morning’s shooting in the Pine parking lot across from the Baltic Room but a spokesperson tells CHS that it appears likely the man shot in the leg knew his assailant.
- More 10th Ave E armed robbery details: The report has been released on the early Monday, December 12th armed robbery along 10th Ave E we reported earlier and it includes some new details on the brutality of the attack. The victim was punched in the face when she refused to give up a ring that belonged to her late mother, she told police:The woman was able to hold onto her ring but lost her phone during the assault and robbery.
- Belmont/Pine mugger: Police are investigating another Monday the 12th robbery after a man reported he was nearly mugged after he left a Capitol Hill establishment and was jumped near Belmont and Pine:
The suspect could not be located.
- Cal Anderson robbery attempt: Two male victims took refuge in a nearby karaoke bar after being assaulted in an attempted robbery inside Cal Anderson Park early on December 2nd. The men said they were crossing through the park just after 2 AM when two other males approached and asked if they wanted to buy some drugs. When the offer was declined, the suspects began punching and tried to grab one of the victim’s phone and wallet. One of the victim’s suffered minor facial injuries but was able to make it to the safety of the nearby bar to report the incident. There were no arrests.