As December started, CHS told you about where to get your Capitol Hill Christmas tree along with a roster of early holiday highlights. This week brings more holiday happenings to Capitol Hill.
Thursday, get ready for a doubleheader with the return of Holiday in the Park at Volunteer Park and a special December Art Walk edition of the Pike People Street:
This weekend, you’ll see some busy elves working to decorate neighborhood merchants thanks to the chamber and artists from Urban Art Works:
The holidays are here and we are bringing good vibes to Capitol Hill. With the heavy atmosphere of uncertainty in our country, we are excited to bring some joy to town! This December, the Broadway Business Improvement Area (BIA) and Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce is proud to be sponsoring local artists from Urban Art Works together with various Girl Scout troops in creating original holiday window murals on Broadway.
The chamber is planning more fun the following weekend — including Santa:
Enjoy live music and fun while you Shop the Hill on Broadway December 17th and 18th: Santa will be at Homestreet Bank taking pictures with families and furry friends from 1-4pm! Street musicians and carolers will serenade you with holiday cheer while you take advantage of special sales, deals, and offers from merchants on Broadway!
We’re told the carolers will be a familiar crew — you’ll find the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence of the Abbey of St. Joan in full holiday splendor at Broadway’s Lifelong that weekend.
More Capitol Hill Holiday Highlights
- Saturday, December 10th, is the Holiday Ride for Giving including stops at Metier, Red Balloon, and Electric Lady:
- Kock’s Ball takes place Thursday night as Pike/Pine venues band together to raise funds for a friend injured in a motorcycle accident.
- Organizing a Capitol Hill donation drive? Let us know so we can add it to our 2016 holiday giving list.
- December 18th, join Capitol Hill’s Jewish Family Services for Chanukah Basket Making and Delivery.
- Crafty shopping: Every Sunday, the Capitol Hill Farmers Market takes over the Seattle Central plaza along Broadway, the new Chophouse Row Night Market happens every Wednesday, The Cathedral Shop at Saint Mark’s is hosting a Christmas Boutique through the holidays.
- Check out Shop the Hill for local sales, deals, pop-ups, and holiday events on and around Capitol Hill — capitolhillseattle.com/shopthehill