Post navigation

Prev: (11/13/17) | Next: (11/13/17)

Blotter | Driver OK after bat thrown off Pike overpass smashes through windshield

(Image: WSP)

See something others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959. You can view recent CHS Crime coverage here.

  • Bat through windshield: The Washington State Patrol reports that a woman suffered minor injuries after a bat apparently thrown from the Pike overpass slammed through her windshield Saturday. Pictures of the aftermath were posted by the WSP Saturday afternoon. There were no immediate arrests. If you have any information that could help in the investigation, call SPD at (206) 625-5011.

  • Price Manor fire: An early afternoon fire inside E John’s Price Manor apartment building did limited damage after Seattle Fire was able to quickly handle the blaze. SFD was called to the 1200 block E John building around 12:30 PM on Tuesday, November 7th to a fire inside an apartment unit bathroom that had spread to the hallway. SFD says the fire was caused by an electrical issue and that there were no significant injuries reported. Damage was limited to $15,000.
  • Crash and run: The morning of Monday, November 6th started with sirens and a manhunt after a vehicle crashed and its driver fled police on foot near 26th and Columbia. According to East Precinct radio reports, the driver crashed as a police cruiser approached the vehicle near 25th and Columbia. The officer continued to drive as he pursued the suspect through nearby alleys before losing track. Officers on foot and a K9 unit also joined the search. The suspect was not located but police reportedly found a handgun and drugs at the scene.
  • Armed ice cream demands: Halloween shenanigans started early for employees a the Harvard Market QFC when a woman reportedly pulled a gun because the grocery store at Broadway and Pike would not serve her ice cream. According to the SPD report on the October 31st, just before 1 AM incident, the woman entered the store as it was closing and demanded to purchase ice cream before eventually she “stormed away.” She soon returned, however, and this time she had friends — and a gun:
    According to the report, the security guard outside the store told police the woman did not return after leaving a second time. He also decided not to report the incident until the following afternoon.
Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
3 years ago

Thankfully the driver is ok. I saw a homeless heroine addict with a bat near there earlier in the day. Unfortunately, I don’t recall what he looked like.