Thursday night at The Egyptian Theatre will bring the latest in a fast-spaced series of speaker events designed to inform in five minutes — or less.
Ignite Seattle has become a regular part of Town Hall Seattle’s offerings and with the venue getting a major upgrade, the next event — Ignite Seattle #36 — will take place on Capitol Hill:
Here’s how it works:
Presenters are asked: If you had five minutes on stage, what would you say? What if you got only 20 slides, and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Touching briefly on a variety of topics, from the DIY community to parent-educator relationships, and presented by anyone and everyone, Ignite events are all-ages, fast-paced, sometimes-unpredictable, and always thought-provoking.
And here is Ignite #36’s lineup:
- Why Consent Isn’t Simple As Explained By Tinder – Chloe
- The Seattle Superman – Jonathan Belle
- How to Woo a Seattle WOC – Marie Bolla
- How Slack Saved my Life – Rob Eickmann
- Getting Naked for Feminism – Katrina Hamilton
- Why We All Still Talk Like Pirates – Monica Houston
- Breaking the Ramadan Fast Live on Stage – Kholood Alabdullatif
- Pooing in Public: A User Experience Guide to Bathroom Locks – Jason Preston
- How I Dumped Denial: 60 is NOT the New 40 – Sally Fox
- How a Punching Bag Saved My Life: Parenting Tips from a Group Home Kid – Phoenix Cavalier
CHS has two tickets to give away to Thursday night’s Ignite. All you have to do? Leave a comment here on the CHS site with a (preferably amusing!) Capitol Hill-related Ignite topic suggestion.
Appreciate CHS? Subscribe Today Consider becoming a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news. Help push us over the 800 mark. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment.
Already a subscriber? Please TELL A FRIEND to help us reach our goal.