Post navigation

Prev: (04/20/19) | Next: (04/21/19)

One shot in Pine parking lot in bout of Capitol Hill nightlife gun violence — UPDATE

A victim arrived at Harborview with a reported gunshot wound to the head after a shooting reported early Saturday morning in a parking lot near Melrose and Pine.

The incident has not been announced by Seattle Police or Seattle Fire’s media officials. CHS discovered details of the shooting after reports of gunfire on social media. Seattle Police confirmed that a victim was shot but could not provide further information at this time.

UPDATE 4/22/2019 8:30 AM: Seattle Police say their gang detectives are investigating the shooting and tell CHS that the injuries suffered by the victim did not turn out to be life threatening. It appeared the victim was hit by a grazing shot to the head. He was reported as conscious and alert but SPD says he declined to speak with officers about the incident.

According to East Precinct radio, callers reported gunfire just before 1:30 AM around the surface parking lot just west of Melrose. About 15 minutes later, radio dispatches said a victim had arrived at Harborview with a life threatening gunshot wound.

Seattle Police were collecting evidence around Melrose and Pine including bullets and shell casings found in the parking lot.

The scene was busy with nightlife crowds after police say the nearby Baltic Room shut down for the night following the shooting in the area.

A green Crown Victoria was reported speeding from the area following the shooting. Police found the vehicle nearby unoccupied and with bullet damage.

We do not have information on the victim’s condition at this time.

The parking lot where the shell casings and evidence was found has been the scene of nightlife gun violence in the past. In the summer of 2015, Ramon Mitchell, 23, was gunned down in a shooting in the same location.

UPDATE 4/22/2019 11:20 AM: SPD has posted a brief on the shooting:

Witnesses reported hearing gunshots and seeing a green Ford Crown Victoria and black Chevrolet Tahoe speeding away from the scene just before officers arrived. Officers searched the scene and found additional vehicles in a nearby parking lot that had been damaged by gunfire. While police were still at the scene, they were notified that a 24-year-old man had walked into Harborview Medical Center with a gunshot wound. The victim had a non-life-threatening injury to the back of the head and was treated for his injury. The victim refused to cooperate with investigators.

BECOME A 'PAY WHAT YOU CAN' CHS SUBSCRIBER TODAY: Support local journalism dedicated to your neighborhood. SUBSCRIBE HERE. Join to become a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news with NO PAYWALL. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment.

Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

Comments are closed.