And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. — Linus (Peanuts 2:11)
You don’t need to follow me! You don’t need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves! You’re all individuals! You’re all different! – Brian (Python — 3:16)
Below, find a stocking full of Christmas Eve and Christmas things to do and more around Capitol Hill. We are adding more as we find them so please let us know in comments, send us a note, holler via Twitter or call/txt (206) 399-5959 with additions. And always look on the bright side of life.
Christmas Eve Services
- All Pilgrim’s, 509 10th Ave E, 7 PM
- Grace Church Seattle, 1300 E Aloha, 5 PM
- Prospect Congregational, 1919 E Prospect, 5:30 PM
- St. Joseph’s, 732 18th Ave E, Children’s Mass 4pm, Mass in the Evening 6pm, Lessons and Carols 10pm, Mass in the Night 10:30pm
- St. Mark’s, 1245 10th Ave E, Music and carols 3:45p, Holy Eucharist 4p, Music and Carols 7p, Holy Eucharist 7:30p, Music and carols (live stream) 10:15p, Holy Eucharist 11p
- Vivace — Brix and other locations- Closed, Walk-up open from 7am-4pm
- Starbucks Roastery 7am -11pm
- Fuel 19th – 8am – 12pm
- Caffe Ladro – 7am – 12pm
- Stumptown 12th – 8am – 3pm
- Liberty – 365 days a year
- QFC 15th, Broadway Market, Harvard Market – Closes 8pm Christmas eve. Closed Christmas day.
- Safeway 15th – 8am-5pm, Safeway 23rd – 8am-5pm
12/25 Pot and Booze
- 12th and Pine Liquor AKA Northwest Liquor and Wine – 12pm-8pm last year… same in 2019?
- Uncle Ike’s – 8am – 1145pm
- Ruckus – 8am-8pm
- The Reef — checking
BECOME A 'PAY WHAT YOU CAN' CHS SUBSCRIBER TODAY: Support local journalism dedicated to your neighborhood. SUBSCRIBE HERE. Join to become a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news with NO PAYWALL. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment.