Ltd. Art Gallery, the one-year old “low brow” pop art gallery on E PIke, wants to give you a free limited (get it?) edition print on Thursday. But there’s a catch: you need to visit a few other art walk venues first. Here’s how to get your freebie:
- Pick up a Blitz print map (locations) and find the Capitol Hill Art Walk Passport inside.
- Collect colored stickers from 4 locations listed on the Passport
- Return the completed Passport to Ltd, Gallery. Get your free limited edition print.
The Passport and print giveaway is all part of the fun organized by Ltd Gallery to celebrate their one year anniversary. James Monosmith of Ltd has lined up the Contigo food truck, beer, DJs, door prizes, and a benefit raffle on Thursday night. Party goes until 10p. Showing in the gallery is Pop!2 The Art of Pop Culture: the second installment of the art show in which James lets the artists pick their favorite Pop Culture Icon to immortalize in art (such as Rick from The Walking Dead!).
Other notable shows and events for Blitz this month:
- Ever wonder what the Volunteer Park Conservatory is like at night? Blitz is your fairy godmother. Starting this month, the Conservatory opens for evening hours just during the art walk. Make it a double feature and also stop in the Asian Art Museum, free during Blitz.
- The Miniature Art Extravaganza at Ghost Gallery has affordable original art as gifts or just for yourself. this is a buy-and-take show (after the opening night), so fresh art will be re-stocked through November and December.
- A Day in the Life at PSKS features photographs of youth and their pets. Bring a donation for the pet food drive if you can.
- Nights of Serious Drinking at Vermillion Gallery features collaborative work by Amanda Manitach (Stranger Genius nominee!) and Ryan Molenkamp. The show looks terrific from what we could see earlier this week, mid-installation.
- Applause to High 5 Pie for consistently booking mini dance and performance pieces during Blitz. This month features a creative dance collaboration between Hannah Crowley and Rachel Randall on the subject of friendship.
- Light Therapy, at True Love Gallery and Tattoo features recent art by two of Seattle’s most engaging artists: Joey Veltkamp and Christopher Buening. Go get your bear hug.
- Social Order: Women Photographers from Iran, India and Afghanistan, at Photo Center Northwest. Really digging the photo of the woman with a boom box.