On CHS, we are dedicated to place. We focus our conversation on one part of one city. And we give parts of that one part names to help organize the conversation.
You can see the CHS neighborhood names we started with at the top of every page and on this map.
Some of the issues raised about the current names:
- Institution Belt is kinda mean
- St. Marks is a better name for An Historic District
- I-5 Shores is brilliant and has to stay
- We need sub-names like Radio Point
Final Answer and jonglix created the map attached to this post to present a potential new organization. It solves many of the issues raised without losing the fun of the original name set.
The only issue I see is the confusion of splitting the parks across different ‘hoods. If I’m writing about nudist jugglers in Volunteer Park, does it get filed under Hilltop North or St. Marks?
So, I propose ratifying the attached map as the new CHS neighborhood map with two modifications:
1) Volunteer Park’s entirety is included in Hilltop North (don’t get all uppity, St. Marks — another option is to add you to Hilltop, too)
2) Cal Anderson/Bobby Morris entirety is included in Broadway.
And I put to the floor a critically important question —
A) Is Cafe Presse’s stretch of 12th Ave Capitol Hill?