When I was a younger man, I, too, would have been less than enthusiastic about the provincial message that is shop local. But I am old. And I now have my own business (you’re reading it). And I know that you only get so long to spin around this planet. And make things. And get things. And I sure don’t want to end my spinning knowing that I didn’t get things in a way that helped my friends and neighbors.
Take The Economist and wipe your bum with it. Go shopping local this weekend.
Here’s the list of Hill merchants, restaurants and watering holes taking part in the City Stimulus promo this weekend. Happy spinning. And, oh, btw, if you have a Hill biz and want to get in the mix, leave a comment here to let people know.
- Babeland, 20% off, excluding Jimmy Jane and Kits
- Bailey Coy Books, 20% off up to $100
- Blue Bottle, 25% off up to $100.00
- Caffe Vita, Free 8 oz. coffee all day Saturday and Sunday (Cap Hill only)
- FoxMaid, 15% off, excluding artwork
- Goods, 20% off, excluding shoe release, and free red Goods new era cap with purchases over $50
- Poppy, 20% off your bar tab (bar menu and beverages)
- REDdrawers, 25% off all “drawers”
- Retail Therapy, Buy 3 get the 4th item in the same price range free.
- Retrofit Home, 20% off on purchases of $100+, excluding artwork
- Sonic Boom, 10% off at Cap Hill and Ballard
- Square Room, 15% off, excluding artwork.
- The Saint, 10% off your bill with receipt from another City Stimulus business.
- Veridis, 25% off
- zaw Pizza in the Raw, Free dessert with any pizza purchase