We have collected a list of spaces on Capitol Hill that were once filled with businesses — some loved, some less so — but are now for rent. We have omitted listings — such as Chez Gaudy — where we know that a new tenant has already taken over the space and any space that has never been filled. For some of these locations, we’ve heard a rumor or two about plans to fill the space — but, despite the gossip, the listings for the addresses remain active. If you can think of additional retail spaces that are currently available, let us know in the comments. The full list of locations appears below the map along with several highlights from the real estate listings. Note: When first posted, due to editor’s error (blame jseattle!), listed prices were described as per month — should be annual. Thanks to commenter hobbes84k for pointing out the mistake (which CHS has made before!)
View Capitol Hill Commercial Spaces in a larger map
Former occupant / address
- Bailey Coy / 414 Broadway Seattle, WA 98102
- Bhima’s / 433 Broadway E Seattle, WA 98102
- Blooms on Broadway / 401 Broadway E Seattle, WA 98102
- BMW / 714 E Pike Seattle, WA 98122
- Cafe Septieme / 214 Broadway E Seattle, WA 98102
- El Tajin / 614 Broadway E Seattle, WA 98102
- Hair Connection / 321 Broadway Seattle, WA 98104
- Harem / 618 Broadway East, Seattle WA 98102
- Hollywood Video / 129 Broadway E Seattle, WA 98102
- Horizon Books / 425 15th Ave E Seattle, WA 98112
- Money Tree/ King Cobra 916 E Pike St Seattle, WA 98122
- Quizno’s / 1801 E Olive Way Seattle, WA 98102
- Retrofit / 1419 12th Ave Seattle, WA 98122
- Seattle Yoga Arts / 109 15th Ave E Seattle, WA 98112
- Tilden / 401 15th Ave E Seattle, WA 98112
- Vi Bacchus / 1401 Broadway Seattle, WA 98122
- Video Connection / 345 15th Ave E Seattle, WA 98112
- Zhivago’s / 416 Broadway E Seattle, WA 98102
Some highlights from above so you know what you’re shopping for.
- The former Vi Bacchus is listed at $30/sqft per year:
Reduced lease rate! Turn-key 2,164 SF restaurant space on the corner of Broadway & E Union St. Strong pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Includes (3) class I hoods, walk-in cooler, tables, chairs, full kitchen, 277 on-site customer parking stalls. Great mix of tenants including QFC, Bartell Drugs, Tacos Guaymas, Subway, Cingular Wireless and UPS Store. Available now!
- You can have 3,000 square feet of the former Retrofit Home (destined for a short move around the corner to E. Pike) for a mere $25/sqft and “Join the Capitol Hill Buzz!”
- Bailey Coy’s old space remains empty and available for $34/sqft. If you can put 3,000 square feet of Broadway to use, give the agent a call.
- Need space to move? We hear it may have been snapped up, but there’s 28,000 square feet of open Pike/Pine space still listed inside the former home of BMW. It’ll set you back $16 sqft per year.
- Prefer something smaller? The former home of Seattle Yoga Arts (now proudly ensconced in the Pearl) is available for $24/sqft for its 1,400 square feet of 15th Ave E. Here’s the listing:
- The abandoned home of Hollywood Video is a biggie — 5,700 square feet. And it’s not cheap — $39/sqft. But it’s on Broadway and they’ll finish the light rail station across the street. Someday. More from the listing:
- Have an irrational dislike of Quiznos like jseattle? Then you’d enjoy opening your own indie sandwich shop in the former home of the chain just off Broadway. They list the property at $4,364/month for 1,540 square feet.
- Speaking of bread, remember the old La Panzanella building? Still empty despite the hardware store, etc. rumors we’ve heard for a few years.
AWESOME COMMERCIAL SPACE ON CAP. HILL!Retrofit Home is Moving Around the Corner!!!We are moving around the corner and our Space will become available some time May-ish. Restauraurant/Cafe/Retail Storefront Super Hot, Super Hip Location. Restaurant / retail / café space in extremely desirable location on 12th Avenue in the heart of Pike-Pine. 30’ x 100’ clearspan storefront space in vintage wood and concrete building. 3,000 square feet @ $25/sf plus NNN. No national chains.
A rare property on Capitol Hill because of its size, location and off-street parking for approximately 85 vehicles. Access is available from four streets — the main entrance on E. Pike Street, also E. Pine Street, Boylston Ave. E. and Harvard Ave. E. Long term lease or purchase option possible. Inspections and tours by appointment only.
1427 Sq Ft retail located across from Group Health Central on 15th Ave E on Capitol Hill. Current tenant, Seattle Yoga Arts is relocating to a larger space on 15th after 16 successful years at this location. Great opportunity for Pilates or other exercise studio, Office, Retail. Former location for Group Health Credit Union and Group Health Dental just north of E Denny Way and South of E. John St.
Charming brick building w/high visibility on Broadway, former Hollywood Video. 5,749 SF divisible to 2,800 SF, features exposed brick walls, HVAC and incredible signage! Located directly across the street from the future Sound Transit Capitol Hill Station. High visibility, strong pedestrian and vehicle traffic. On-site parking available at market rates. Capitol Hill is known for its wide array of restaurants and boutique retail shops. Strong neighborhood demographics, easy access to public transportation and home to SCCC and Seattle University. Neighborhood businesses include Dick’s, Rite-Aid, American Apparel, USPS and one block from Lincoln Park Reservoir and Cal Anderson Park. Ideal for restaurant, fitness center, salon/spa, clothing store or boutique retail