It’s difficult to say there are a lot of humanitarian delights about working for a large company but one warm fuzzy bonus is matching on nonprofit giving. All day Tuesday is warm fuzzy bonus for everybody. The Seattle Foundation’s annual Give Big “online charitable giving event” runs all day Tuesday:
Each donation up to $5,000 per donor, per organization, made to the 1,600 nonprofit organizations profiled on The Seattle Foundation’s website between midnight and midnight Pacific Time today, May 6, 2014, will receive a prorated portion of The Seattle Foundation’s matching funds, or “stretch pool.” The amount of the “stretch” depends on how much is raised in total donations on GiveBIG day. As long as you have access to the web and a credit card, you can participate!
Below, we’ve featured some pitches from the CHS Facebook page for Hill-related nonprofits for you to consider. You can add more ideas to the page or in comments. Thanks for giving!
- “Country Doctor Community Health Centers!” — John
- “Mägi Ensemble is a women’s vocal ensemble that is the Artist-in-Residence at St. Mark’s Cathedral (Thomsen Chapel). It’s mission is to bring people together through music and start inter-cultural dialogues. Their focus is on music from the Baltic Region (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)” — Heather
- “Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest.” — DeAnna
- “Capitol Hill Housing” — Joe
- “Support Neighborhood House! We are doing great work in Seattle to alleviate poverty and support communities. Since 1906, Neighborhood House has been building strong families and strong communities.” — Neighborhood House
- “New Century Theatre Company is doing some amazing professional theater in Seattle and giving a lot of smashing artists jobs with good wages to boot. They are a true CapHill company moving into the theatre in the new 12th Ave Arts Building and their office is on 10th under Super Genius. Keeping dynamic and exciting art here in the hood!” — Kayti
Hosted for you by a 2014 theatre trifecta – Theater Schmeater, MAP Theatre & Playing in Progress.
Of course you want to GiveBIG this year! Why not do it in style? We’d like to invite you to enjoy cocktails and camaraderie with us to celebrate Seattle’s giant day of big-hearted giving.
Central Cinema has a kick ass Happy Hour, and they are graciously letting the Seattle Theatre community take it over! Drop in for a few minutes to say hi, or settle in to raise a glass or two and have a bite to eat. Computers will be available for you to make contributions to your favorite non-profit. (And just for stopping by, you get a free hug and a souvenir button!)