We live to serve. Got a tip? firstname.lastname@example.org. Got two tips? Same address.
- Yup, Skillet Diner opens this week (Friday for realz — our peek inside from weeks back here) and supposedly CC’s new E Olive Way location will be doing something, um, soft this week before its big “I Blew the Gay back into CC’s” grand re-opening event on June 11th. No, we don’t know when Bleu Bistro’s Grotto opens. But you can keep asking.
- Remember our news from almost a year ago about a Caffe Vita and Pizza Vita opening up shop on 15th Ave E? We have no idea if it’s still happening because Vita has never returned our (very polite!) messages about the space. But we can tell you this. A rumor going around the neighborhood that the space was actually going to become a new Mioposto are false, a rep for the company behind the restaurant tells us. There’s some shared ownership across the Vita and Mioposto universes — it’s complicated! — so that might have been the source of the buzz. Anyway, not happening.
- Jason Stratton tells us Spinasse’s expansion is lined up for a week of May 23rd opening and that Artusi should open the week following. We’ll be stopping by soon for a visit to check out the new space(s). (Fixed! — Sorry for the mix-up)
- Happening: Across the street, work is finally picking up on The Shop Agora’s second Seattle location (though our ‘retailer’ angle on that story was a little off mark, no?)
- Any shit-talkers about Terra Plata supposedly not coming to the Melrose Market project are, well, talking shit. Here’s yet more construction proof that the restaurant is in progress after a rocky start.
- Speaking of the Market, Taylor Shellfish says their new Capitol Hill store on Melrose will be open in June.
- This bullet point is good for
approximately one afternoonOOPS — official Bike to Work Day is Friday so get your cookie then! First Hill’s Sugar Bakery has a free cookie for you bike commuters.
- Frequent user of the CHS calendar 12th & Olive Wine and East Madison’s Harvest Vine (I ate octopus once there and even though I have read that an octopus is a smart little creature, I have no regrets) are teaming up for a dinner Tuesday night.
- Happy 5 years to Sun Liquor. Neighborhood party this weekend: “Sun 5 Year Anniversary!! Sunday May 22, 2011 @ Sun Summit!! BBQ & Cocktail specials!!”
- Happy first year to Marjorie. Happy two years to Healeo. 2nd birthday for Porchlight, too. Highline is about to turn one.
- Seattle Gay News salutes Madison Pub on a quarter century of good times.
- Where do tweeting porn stars eat when they visit Capitol Hill? That’s right. Charlie’s on Broadway. (Really wish she hadn’t said the “I’m full” part.)
- That dude who was staring at you while you used a computer mouse at Caffe Vita? Microsoft researcher
- Tacos Chukis has beer! And, in a lesson about the universe best left unexplored, Broadway Taco Del Mar no longer has beer!
- You saw our news that Travelers is opening a new location in Beacon Hill and still in limbo in its Pine location but wants to also stay on Capitol Hill, right?
- Slog discovers the Oddfellows bullseye — “a cheddar-bacon biscuit with salt and pepper sprinkled on top.”
- We told you earlier that Jup Jup Jup was gone and Artid Siam Thai was in on Broadway. Hello Seattle takes a pic.