- Robbery: Police found a man down in an alley after a reported knifepoint robbery just after 11 PM Tuesday. Police rushed to the area after a caller said he was down in an alley near the E Madison IHOP in the incident near Seneca and Broadway Ct on the backside of Pike/Pine. According to East Precinct radio reports, the victim said he was approached from behind and did not get a clear look at the suspect. Seattle Fire was called to the scene to treat the victim for a reported injured shoulder. There were no immediate arrests.
- Eastlake murder: Police are investigating a homicide in Eastlake:
Detectives have arrested a 55-year-old man in connection with a fatal weekend fight outside a Seattle housing facility. Two residents of the housing facility, located in the 1800 block of Eastlake Avenue, left the facility just before 3 AM Saturday and began fighting one another. The victim, a 47-year-old man, was injured in the fight, and returned to his apartment at the facility. About 10 hours later, staff at the facility notified police that the victim was found in medical distress and was taken to Harborview Medical Center. Police arrested a 55-year-old man who had fought with the victim and booked him into the King County Jail for assault. The 47-year-old man later died from his injuries, leading police to re-book the 55-year-old suspect into jail for Investigation of Homicide.
- Broadway DUI: A 40-year-old Capitol Hill woman is facing charges of DUI and hit and run after a collision just after midnight early last Wednesday. Police arrested Rebecka Isaksson after a driver in the crash at Broadway and Madison reported the license plate of a black Audi that allegedly left the scene headed north. Police were able to track the vehicle to a 10th Ave E address. Isaksson has pleaded not guilty to both charges. There were no reported injuries in the crash.
- Robbery spree update: There have been no arrests in the weekend string of armed robberies that started with a hold-up on 16th and Mercer.
- Drive-by: An afternoon drive-by shooting on Thursday, September 23rd near 25th and Union sent people scrambling but claimed no victims. According to East Precinct radio dispatches, witnesses described seeing a female shooter firing from a passing vehicle as a group of teens scrambled nearby. Investigators found shell casings at the scene and at least one slug was found lodged in a car parked nearby.
- Bellevue Pl E assault: Police were called to the 700 block of Bellevue Place E just before 8 last Thursday morning to investigate an assault that was reportedly the latest in a string of run-ins for two men:The two had at least two other previous conflicts, according to the SPD report. The party reporting the latest incident suffered a swollen cheek and a scraped chin. SPD was unable to locate the reported assailant.
- Found ferret: No crime here but good news for one lost ferret Wednesday morning on Capitol Hill:
Found a ferret running around Capitol Hill and kept it out of traffic until the owner came running out saying he escaped out the window again.