(Images: Lifelong Thrift)
When Capitol Hill’s Value Village succumbs to “certain business conditions” and closes its doors Saturday after 20 years on 11th Ave, you can be sad for a little bit. Then go shopping — thrifting is, indeed, part of your Capitol Hill heritage.
Below, you’ll find
10 12 thrift and vintage shops across Capitol Hill. All were still open and had not lost their leases as of this posting! (Added two more: Everyday Music and Twice Sold!)
We almost certainly left something worthy off the list — let us know.
Meanwhile, nearly 40 employees will either move to work at other local Value Village locations or are looking for new jobs. Stop by and buy them a beer when the store closes for good at 6 PM Saturday night.
- Lifelong Thrift, 312 Broadway E (CHS)
- Out of the Close Thrift, 1016 E Pike (CHS)
- Goodwill, 115 Belmont Ave E (CHS)
- Take 2, 430 15th Ave E
- Pretty Parlor, 119 Summit Ave E (CHS)
- Revival, 233 Broadway E (CHS)
- Crossroads Trading Co., 325 Broadway E (CHS)
- Le Frock, 613 E Pike (CHS)
- No Parking, 1102 E Pike (We need to write about these folks, no?)
- Spin Cycle, 321 Broadway E (CHS)
- Everyday Music, 1520 10th Ave (CHS)
- Twice Sold Tales, 1833 Harvard Ave (CHS)
Also, in the Central District, you can check out Two Big Blondes at 2501 S Jackson.