With Olympia pushing the project forward despite environmental concerns, WSDOT is ready to unveil its latest plans for the new 520 bridge as construction begins — including “belvedere” features like the one featured in this artist rendition designed to make the bridge a draw for pedestrian and cycling activity.
You can talk with state planners and learn more about the project Wednesday in Montlake:
SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program
Reminder: SR 520 open house this Wednesday evening (presented by WDSOT)
After 15 years of design and analysis, this week we are launching visible construction on Lake Washington for the new SR 520 floating bridge. Join us at open houses Tuesday and Wednesday nights where we’ll present a full slate of information about:
- Construction plans and updates
- Newly released designs of the SR 520 floating bridge
- Seattle Community Design Process update
- Program sustainability plans
- Permitting update
- Our plans to minimize construction effects
- How you can be notified about construction-related activities
March 28, 2012 – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Museum of History & Industry
2700 24th Ave. E., Seattle, WA 98112