The city says construction is finally gearing up to begin this fall:
PLANNED CONSTRUCTION TIMELINE
- Fall 2020: Completed final design
- Spring 2021: Finalize funding
- After the Small Starts Grant Agreement is executed with the FTA, we’ll move forward with hiring a construction contractor
- Early 2021: Advertise for construction bids to build the project
- After a contractor is selected, we will know more about the planned construction sequencing, timeline, and intersection closures
- Fall 2021: Anticipated construction start
- 2024: Complete construction and open the RapidRide G Line
CHS reported in April on U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s announcement of a $59.9 million allocation for the $134 million Madison bus rapid transit project.
Seattle’s transportation department says a fall 2021 start should put the much-delayed project on target for a 2024 start of service of the Metro RapidRide G line, a 2.3-mile, 10-station route connecting the waterfront through First Hill and Capitol Hill to Madison Valley.
You can see a block by block look at the changes coming for the street here.
THANKS! WE DID IT! 1,000 CHS SUBSCRIBERS -- We asked, you answered. Thanks for stepping up!
Support local journalism dedicated to your neighborhood. SUBSCRIBE HERE. Join to become a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news with NO PAYWALL. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment.