See something others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959.
- Belmont burglary investigation nets wanted man carrying a lot of drugs: A man wanted on four different warrants was arrested with thousands of dollars worth of drugs after police found him camped out inside a 1700-block Belmont Ave building’s storage room last Thursday morning. As the suspect was arrested, he became concerned about his bag and insisted police collect his belongings. A search revealed a chock-full daily pill container with a cornucopia of high-value
illicitsubstances:The suspect was booked on investigation of burglary and violation of drug laws as well as his four existing warrants.
- Alleged club bathroom sex lands two in hot water with cops: A man and woman were arrested early Sunday morning after police arrived to find security on top of the man on the sidewalk outside Broadway nightclub Q.
According to the club’s security, police say, the couple had been caught earlier in the night attempting to have sex in one of the dance spot’s unisex bathrooms. When a patron reported the couple was at it again in a second-floor bathroom, security officers said they decided to escort the couple from the club but the male suspect tried to fight back:
The man and the woman were arrested for investigation of assault. The male suspect was taken to Harborview for treatment for facial injuries suffered during the incident.
- Man says assaulted over jacket: The Broadway club was also the scene of a reported assault last Friday night around midnight in which a patron says he was pushed to the ground by a club security guard for breaking the club’s “no-jackets-on-floor rule” — There were no arrests reported in the incident at the time of the report.
- Possibly-deserved knuckle sandwich on E Pike: Police were called to the corner of E Pike and Belmont just after closing time Sunday by a man who said he was assaulted after saying something that CHS thinks may possibly have warranted the response:
- Summit rock vs. knife assault: Police were called to an apartment in the 1700 block of Summit Ave just before midnight Monday to a report of a man threatening another man with a knife:Witnesses said they saw the suspect enter the apartment building to “find a bigger knife.” Police were able to identify the suspect but had not taken him into custody at the time of the report.
- Hate assault reported near park: A man told police he was assaulted by a group who called him “faggot” and were “expressing their discontent for the recently passed Referendum 74” in a parking lot near Cal Anderson Park Tuesday night around 10 PM, according to the SPD report on the incident. The victim told police he did not get a good look at his attackers and could provide no additional details about their appearance, according to the report.
- Capitol Hill resident gets stolen bike back: This guy has the state patrol to thank for recovering his stolen ride.
- May Day assault: The police report has been released on the incident involving a woman injured by a thrown bottle at Melrose and Pine that we reported in the midst of the May Day vandalism and protests: